In the latest in our series of breeder interviews, Cannabis by Cory gave us some insight into their business…enjoy
1. In a few sentences, can you tell us where and when you got your start? San Fernando Valley when I was 13 years old. I started getting bag seeds and growing them. After growing them I realized I could do a better job then who I was buying them from.
2. What was the first strain you ever grew? Dj short Blueberry was the first strain I grew that I could properly identify
3.What strains are you most known for? Chocalope and Banana OG
4. When it comes to strain names, do you think it’s best to use a name with the parent plants in mind or generate a new one in terms of taste and high? It really depends on the strain. I like to give credit with the parent breeders, but also will name strains depending on terp profile, taste and high.
5. What motivates you as breeder and grower? I love the thrill of the hunt!
6. When you approach a new breeding project, what are the Top 3 things you are looking for? Depends if its outdoor or indoor. But mainly Potency, High Yield, and short flowering times, But also making sure its mold resistant and pest resistant.
7. Do you have any special projects in the works you would be willing to share with us? I am working on finding some new males to create some new strains. Hoping to drop some new gear late 2020.
8. What’s your favorite growing medium? Living Soil
9. Favorite Light? Lush Lighting Leds
10. One thing you would tell anyone that bought a pack of seeds? Happy Hunting